13 yr old with a low grade glioma that is 1.5cmx1.5cm. when do they do something about his being present?is this large for a tumor in the frontal lobe

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
What are symptoms?: Are you saying that they are making the decision to wait on removing this tumor? And why would they choose not to remove it immediately? The size of the tumor is not nearly as important as the type of effect it has on adjacent structures or the symptoms it causes as a result of being in a certain location. If the tumor is not causing significant symptoms then waiting for removal may be an option.
Answered on Sep 12, 2017