U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

I have a ('bubbling' like carbonated drink sound, in r ear, which might coincide with the onset of an occasional pain in my head aprx. 6/12 ago. ideas?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Conner
Family Medicine 26 years experience
Fluid behind ear: Hello down under. Please have a doc look in your ear. You may have sterile fluid behind your eardrum or you may even have an infection. If your doc sees nothing you may have eustachian tube dysfunction which can be treated with otc medicines. The worst thing you could have is an acoustic neuroma so see your doc. Good luck!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 19, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.