I'm curious what could happen if one's partial dentures are never cleaned nor removed from the mouth?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Denture care: The consequences to never removing or cleaning dentures: 1. Fungal infections 2. Rampant caries and loss of teeth 3. Gum disease 4. Loss of supporting bone 5. Bad breath think of it as having someone spread food all over your body and then wearing a wetsuit for the rest of your life and never taking it off.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Disgusting: Should never happen, because infections in the gums and remaining teeth could become severe. I realize that there are some people who may not have the dexterity or health to deal with removing and placing the dentures back in, but then hopefully they will have support.