MT

all i see are horror stories for egd. can i be fully sedated instead of consciously? will it be frightening? will i be in pain/anxious at home?

Dr. William Jenkins
Specializes in Anesthesiology
Yes,: Normally you receive conscious or moderate sedation, but yesterday the gastroenterologist asked me to help him with a particularly anxious patient on benzodiazepines, the versed had little effect but Propofol worked well. The patient was very pleased, didn't even know we did anything and did not require an artificial airwar.
Dr. Ryan Phasouk
Great timing with the question, it sounds like Dr Jenkins has experienced an alternative to conscious sedation.
Apr 2, 2014