I recently received the Depo-Provera shot after having a cyst found on my ovaries. I did have unprotected sex a day after the shot . I missed my period the la?

Dr. Paul Williams
34 years experience in Family Medicine
Depo shot: If you received the shot (150mcg) at the right time in your cycel - ie just as your period was starting - it should have protected you. That is the nice thing with the shot - its protective once its dosed. However, if you got the shot at any other time it might not work until your next cycle. The best thing to do is check a pregnancy test.
Answered on Feb 22, 2014
6

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.