when leg swelling disappear when we elevate leg above heart what does that mean?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
IT IS CALLED INCIPIE: Nt edema. Not due to heart failure.

Can heart problems/racing heart make it difficult to breathe?

Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 22 years experience
Yes: The heart and lungs work together and shortness of breath can result from pulmonary or cardiac or both . Please see a physician for further evaluation.

What causes tongue swelling a year after it was pierced?

Dr. Scott Harwood
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Possible infection: It may or may not be related to the piercing since it is now one year down the line. If it is related then it could be an infection which you should have checked out.

Can eating milk chocolate decrease my risk for heart disease?

Dr. James Strader
Cardiology 22 years experience
No: Dark chocolate, in moderation (1 small piece / day) appears to help lower the risk of heart and vascular disease. Milk chocolate does not have the same benefits due to the additives used to turn it into "milk" chocolate.

How can I help manage my pulmonary and pedal edema symptoms?

Dr. Eric Trattner
Podiatry 33 years experience
Elevate & compress: The best self treatment would be to elevate your feet (above your heart) when sitting & elevate the foot of the bed while sleeping. Also compression stockings should be applied every morning before getting out of bed.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I agree with the above with the caveat this is discussed with your Internist or specialist as while attempting to remove the swelling from the foot you would not want to overload the heart or lungs.
Aug 17, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I agree with the above with the caveat you discuss this plan with your internist or specialist. The reason by attempting to remove swelling of the foot you would want to make sure you are not overloading your heart or lungs.
Aug 17, 2012

How much experience must I expect in a personal trainer for heart rehab?

Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 22 years experience
Cardiac rehab: Ecrrcose physiologists or technicians who work in cardiac rehab have specialized training that personal trainers do not. Get enrolled in a dedicated cardiac rehab program.