Could use your help docs! my foot is swollen and it hurts to touch it on the top of my foot. it doesn't hurt to walk on it but could it still be fractured?

Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 32 years experience
Anything possible: Various possiblities including, injury/stress fracture, gout, infection or other form of arthritic condition. See podiatrist for evaluation and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Podiatry 14 years experience
Maybe: Pain is usually associated with a fracture, however I have seen some patients with simple fractures that don't have pain when walking. Getting an exam will give you the proper diagnosis and treatment plan you may need.
Last updated Apr 13, 2018