Could use your help docs! my daughter had umbilical hernia repair with mesh. now she is having unexplained swelling on her face?

Dr. James Goodyear
- Select Specialities - 47 years experience
Swelling.: Although swelling of the face, in the absence of other symptoms, suggests an allergic reaction, allergy to mesh is extremely uncommon. I suggest a combined consultation and evaluation both with your family physician or pediatrician as well as her surgeon.Her symptoms may or may not be related to her recent surgery and a thorough evaluation and consultation is necessary to sort things out.