Bellaire, OH

my wbc was 15, is that dangerously high?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
No.: Suggests you are fighting an infection, but could be from steroids, stress or other things. Must be considered as one piece of the whole picture, not in isolation.
Dr. Diane Minich
Mild elevation: Can be from an infection viral or bacterial.
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
White count: Although white blood cell count has meaning it in itself does not mean you have dangerous symptoms. For example 20 percent of people with appendicitis have a normal white count. A white count of 15, 000 is elevated and ususally consistent with an infection, but not necessarily critical.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Depends: It all depends on what is causing it. A WBC this high is not unusual in many common bacterial or viral infections. But if this is a persistent observation, then it can be problematic.