U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Darien, GA
A 27-year-old female asked:

I have been having pain around my left front side of lower ribs for months now. i also have back pain that almost feels like a pulled muscle. ideas?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
You've answered it!: Best to see an osteopathic physician, who can help you with both issues further. S/he can do a osteopathic structural musculoskeletal examination of your head, neck, back, hips, sacrum, pelvis, lower/upper extremities, and ribs to see how your postural mechanics, gait, asymmetric compensatory patterns are all working together to determine what exactly is happening, and provide treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 10, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.