GA

if i was exposed to herpes, how long would it take for symptoms to show up? i am a little worried about my last encounter with a woman.

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syalanswered
Usually 7-14 days: It can take sometimes take longer.

How long does it take for previously uninfected female to get oral herpetic breakout after felatio?

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Infectious Disease 49 years experience
Several days to: As many as 2-3 weeks.

Is it possible that i hav transfered herpes from one female to another without me getting infected? And what test should I do to chck my status?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Yes: Both men and women can be asymptomatic carriers of herpes simplex and transmit it to others without having active lesions. This is more common in women. You can check to see if you have antibodies to herpes, which would mean you have the virus, but would not tell you whether it was type 1 or 2 reliably. For that you would have to isolate the virus from active lesions and test it.

What are some of the signs of herpes for a female?

Which type?: At the time of initial Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 infection a person may have fever, weakness, sore throat, painful lesions (most often on lips, around mouth, gums, tongue, cheeks), swollen & /or painful lymph nodes in neck. There may be a gray coating on the tongue.

Last updated Oct 6, 2017