would an abdominal ultrasound be able to tell if you had aneurysm?

Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Thoracic Surgery 49 years experience
Yes: Ultrasound will detect its presence but catscan is needed to evaluate the anatomy better as to need for therapy and choice of treatment modalities, whether endovascular vs. Open repair, or no treatment at all but observation/follow-up.
Dr. Christopher Bulger
Vascular Surgery 23 years experience
Yes: An ultrasound can diagnose an abdominal aortic aneurysm. However, looking at the aorta would have to be part of the study protocol. An ultrasound ordered to look at the gallbladder, ie in the abdomen, might never look at the aorta.