GA

All the symptoms of panic attacks but almost constant for days. anxiety or part of an ms relapse? i was diagnosed 2 years ago.

Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
See your Dr.: Living with intense anxiety for days is not safe for you or your baby. Call your doctor and explain your symptoms and situation with breast feeding. First you must take care of any medical issues. Ask about help for any psychological issues you are going through. It's complicated living with an ms diagnosis and caring for a baby. Don't try to take it on alone. Good luck and best wishes.
Dr. Aron Tendler
MRI: Ms and panic attacks and generalized anxiety have a very high comorbidity. The best way to determine if you are having an ms relapse is with your neurologist. If the ms attack occurred in the recent month it would enhance on an mri. That would be indicative of the cause. Regardless you will need treatment for anxiety in addition for ms.
Neurology 53 years experience
Comments: Am I missing something here? If you have confirmed diagnosis of MS, why are you not listing a disease modifying agent? Panic and anxiety can co-exist in patients with MS, and does not necessarily represent any portion of a relapse. But I think your emotional reassurance can be magnified if you are treated with the protection of a potent MS drug. We have 13 choices. See a good neurologist.
Last updated Apr 22, 2016