Flagstaff, AZ

My mom has found skin cancer spots and she has made her own "blood root remedity". she claims its working. is this safe? i'm very concerned.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Need pathology: There are several kinds of skin cancers. First, before any treatment is instituted, one must get the proper diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Scott Diede
30 years experience
Won't work: If your mother truly has some sort of skin cancer (there are many) "blood root remedy" will not work for any of them. I can't speak to the safety of it. As stated by another doc, getting the proper diagnosis (will require biopsy) is the most important first step. For certain types of skin cancer in early stages, all that sometimes is required is removal of the growth during the biopsy. See doc.
Dr. Andrea Kossler
Ophthalmology 16 years experience
Dermatology eval: Skin cancer can be serious and should not go without proper diagnosis and treatment. Your mother should see her dermatologist for evaluation. If the skin spots look suspicious your doctor will do a biopsy and discuss treatment options. It is possible the spots on your moms face are not skin cancer but she should have it checked to be sure. Please do not let her ignore it or self treat it.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017