Indianapolis, IN

should i be worried about a wbc of 4.3, platelet-171, lymph-37%? non-hodgkins lymphoma runs in my family

Dr. Donald Colantino
Low wbc: Your WBC is borderline low(normal starts at 4500) and the platelet count and percentage of lymphocytes are within normal range. I don't think you have to worry about lymphoma with these values. Repeat these counts in 3 months to monitor them.
Dr. Gladys Minor
Radiation Oncology 44 years experience
Likely ok: Lymphoma is not diagnosed on the basis of blood counts. This blood count does need to be repeated and watched. I personally rarely have a white blood count higher than 3.5 but its been that way my entire life. Viral infections can cause changes in the blood count. If the counts went lower a hematologist would be consulted to look at the blood work.