United Kingdom

My granddads platelet count has gone down to two, he is in hospital, what treatment will they be looking at, he has non-hodgkin lymphoma?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
That: Is low. First question is this after chemo and other details of the medical context. More urgent if he is bleeding, although not always the case even with count this low. Transfustion of platelets can be done if appropriate to his circumstances.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Hematology and Oncology 31 years experience
Treatment: The exact treatment will depend on the type of lymphoma and the extent of disease. Treatment can include chemotherapy, antibody therapy and/or radiation therapy.