U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

My 3 yr old's eardrum ruptured 8 days ago because of an infection. how long will it take for her hearing to improve? when should we be concerned?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 60 years experience
Ruptured ear drum: Your child should be under the care of an ear, nose and throat specialist. He can determine the proper steps for your child to regain her hearing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.