i have a small, hard bump on my skull; it is near the back of my head, behind my ear and a few inches above my hairline. not sure how long i've had it?

Dr. Robert Kent
11 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Unsure without: A physical exam but it sounds like it may be a lymph node. Have you been sick lately or had any infections? Is it sore or tender to touch? Without feeling it and seeing exactly where it is, it is hard to tell. Monitor for size change and if it gets smaller over the next week or two and disappears, assume lymph node. If it does not change at all or gets bigger, ask your primary to check it out.
Answered on Aug 18, 2017
2