U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old member asked:

How to treat vaginal odors?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Find the cause.: F you have a change in color, texture, odor or amount of vaginal discharge ; problems such as pain, itching burning with urination or sex or redness/swelling then it is best to see your gynecologist for evaluation ; accurate assessment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Fink
Dr. David Fink commented
Family Medicine 40 years experience
You may have a vaginal flora imbalance also. You can always take a good probiotic which may help restore the proper balance and reduce the odor; taking a probiotic will not cause any harm.
Mar 16, 2014
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Provided original answer
Great point. Thanks Dr. Fink.
Mar 16, 2014
Last updated Mar 16, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.