United Kingdom

i had a thorough blood test which came back normal (inc protein, vit d)-apart from my standard calcium being high. my corrected calcium she said this is fine so not to worry, - is this correct and ok?

Dr. Holly Maes
Correct: Corrected calcium levels are more accurate as they take into account other electrolyte levels in your system as all of these things have bearing on your corrected level. If this is normal, you're great!
Dr. Robert Isaacs
The corrected calcium takes into account the albumin level in the blood.
Mar 1, 2014
Dr. Robert Grieco
Yes: A separate ionized calcium test is done if you have factors that increase or decrease total calcium levels. It is the ionized calcium that is the true measure of active calcium. It sounds like you are in good shape. No worries.