I am 34 years old and suffering with left leg pain and numbness from last one year. mri and ct scan done and found the disc slipped problem in l4 l5, ?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Karen Sibert answered

Specializes in Anesthesiology

A herniated disc is one of the most common reasons for needing back surgery, especially if it is causing weakness or numbness in the leg. See your doctor and get a consultation with a spine surgeon (usually an orthopedist or neurosurgeon). You don't want nerve problems to become permanent. A microdiskectomy can sometimes be done as day surgery. Hope you feel better.

Answered Jul 25, 2020

4.4k views