India
A 20-year-old female asked about a male:

my brother got his eyesight cecked today.he is having -3 for left eye and -5 for right eye.is he nearer to any danger zone?please suggest

Dr. Kurt Andreason
LASIK Surgery 23 years experience
New glasses: I'm not sure what you mean by danger zone. Many people need a prescription in that range (near-sighted/myopia) and are just fine with their glasses. Some people's prescription is a little asymetric like your brother's appears to be. As long as the rest of his eye exam was normal, and he was prescribed correctly, i wouldn't be worried about this prescription.

Last updated May 8, 2015