ET
A 47-year-old male asked about a male:

my brother six months year boy tears is frequently dropping from his left eye. what should we do ti stop tge tears?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Blocked tear duct: If this has been constant from birth it may be the duct between the corner of the eye to the inside part of the nose is blocked. Using an eye ointment to massage this area of his eye may help. Sometimes these little guys require surgery at about 1 year of age if it fails to open. All the best.
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Eye: You should take him to see the pediatrician to look for a cause. He may need to see an eye doctor as well
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 58 years experience
Spontaneous tearing: Block off the lacrimal passage can occur in infants causing watering from one or both eyes. In most cases it clears up spontaneously as the child reaches one year. In cases of repeated lacrimal ( tear sac ) sac infection it is treated with antibiotics. Massage inner angle of the eye with the index finger to keep the tear sac empty Surgical dilation after twelve months age
Dr. Solomon Gelbart
Tear duct immaturity: Many infants have a watery discharge in one or both eyes in the neonatal period. The most common cause of this is incomplete development of the year drainage system. This will usually disappear by 6 weeks. You can gently massage in a circle near the nasal bridge 5-10 seconds a day. If it persists he may also need to have a probing of the tear duct.