Lebanon

why are there small red spots around my eyes after i cry?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Red spots: You may have petechiae as as result of the stress of crying.The rash will disappear on its own.

Is it normal for my baby to sleep without closing her eyes?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Yes: Especially in the newborn period, there are times when a baby will be asleep with one or both eyes still partially open. This is not harmful. If, however, you notice problems with your baby's eyes or eyelids all the time, or while they are awake, please consult your baby's doctor.

Could a blind regain sight through an eye transplant?

Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Ophthalmology 47 years experience
Unfortunately not!: Although various parts of the eye can be replaced by human transplantation or implants (cornea and lens for instance), eye transplantation is not yet possible.

What might cause early morning eye problems?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Eye drops: The most common early morning eye problem is due to overnight dryness. I am assuming that your vision clears quickly and you are comfortable most of the day and evening. If so, you can put a gel drop like theragel into your eyes at bedtime and this will coat and protect the eye and help in the morning. If the vision is bad or there is redness/pain, see your ophthalmologist.

What to do to improve my eye sight?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Regular eye exams: Your vision is a function of your inheritance, circumstances of fetal development and birth, and exposure to visual stimuli, trauma and disease. You cannot help your inheritance or development, but get regular eye exams, eat a balanced diet, minimize uv light exposure and protect your eyes in hazardous situations.

Is it possible to have two lasik eye surgeries?

Dr. Charles Davant
Sure: I've seen them priced with lifetime touch-ups. I see folks that had them in their 20s wearing glasses again a few years later. You get older. Things change.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016