China

Upon waking or opening my eyes, i see a small transparent red spot in the center of my vision lasting 1-2 seconds. should i be concerned?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Red spot noticeable: It is not common to see a red spot when you awaken. And if you see any red or pink spots, you should go to your eye doctor and have it examined. Through a dilated fundoscopic examination, they can pinpoint what is causing it, and what needs to be done, or if it just needs to be monitored. Yes, be concerned, and get a second opinion if you need to.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2022