U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lakewood, CA
A 31-year-old male asked:

My gastro diagnosed me with chronic asymptomatic pancreatic hyperenzymemia after clear ct scan and mrcp. they say it's benign. should i get more test?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Humberto Quintana
Psychiatry 46 years experience
Usually no: Benign vs. Not controversy the doctor treats chronic pancreatitis by relieving pain and managing the nutritional and metabolic problems. The patient can reduce the amount of fat and protein lost in stools by cutting back on dietary fat and taking pills containing pancreatic enzymes. This will result in better nutrition and weight gain. Sometimes Insulin or other drugs given to control the pts.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.