U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Had tooth ach same as a few years ago turned out to be sinus above tooth, this time moved up into upper gum cheek is swollen a bit any ideas?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Dental disease: Periapical abscesses in the bicuspids and molar teeth can extend into the maxillary sinus and produce infection there. Conversely maxillary sinusitis can produce pain in the teeth directly beneath the floor of the involved sinus. You need to see a dentist or a doctor or both, and do this quickly since this can become very serious very rapidly.
Dr. Mark Iacobelli
Dentistry 40 years experience
Get an evaluation: Some sort of infectious process is occurring if swelling and pain are involved. I would consider going to a dentist for a complete examination with radiographs to have this condition properly diagnosed and treated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.