what causes post nasal drip and swollen throat?

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Allergies: Infections and allergies can cause this dilemma. Drink lots of water and consider lavaging out your nostrils and sinuses daily with a netty pot or whie in the shower under steam. Goggle with antiseptic mouthwash and avoid whatever you are allergic to.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Postnatal drip: When mucus runs down the back of your nose to your throat . Can be due to colds, flu, allergies, perfumes , cleaning agents, smoke, meds, changing weather- cold temps or excess dryness, spicy foods or sinus infection. Annoying feeling, most common cause of chronic cough .Excess mucus down the throat makes you feel hoarse ; give you a feeling of swollen throat/ sore throat . Drink plenty of fluids