U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saint Paul, MN
A 30-year-old female asked:

I'm sick & dehydrated. i keep trying to drink water but i can't drink large amounts. i either throw up or i sweat really bad. i don't know what to do.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Dehydrated: Try using electrolyte containing fluids. Start ou spoonwise and once you begin to retain fluids you can drink 1/2 glass at a time. If you cannot retain fluids , go to the er for IV fluids.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.