Maple Shade, NJ

Can you take valium and percocet at the same time?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
It depends upon your: Dose and whether you have sleep apnea or any other disease that can cause decreased respiratory drive. You must be careful not to drive or operate machinery and all prescribing doctors must be aware all of the meds you are taking. If all of the above are carefully in place, then it may be possible to take them together. Both, of course, are potentially addicting. Best wishes.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
i always add for my patients with this question the fact that combining a sedative with a different kind of sedative is often what leads to overdose and death. Many people do not follow their printed instructions and I am very cautious with an opiate and another sedative at the same time, especially in a wold where many consume alcohol on top of this.
Feb 14, 2014
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
I agree. Thanks for the input.
Feb 14, 2014
Dr. Pamela Pappas
You can, but: It's not a good idea. They will both be sedating and cause you to be drowsy. If your physician has prescribed these for you, please ask him/her about the timing of doses. If you do take both, you should definitely not drive.

Last updated Jun 18, 2018