San Francisco, CA

Interested in "egg freezing" but amh low @ .16. i have 1 18 mos kid + was pregnant 3x before baby. could amh be wrong? i thought i was very fertile. if not wrong, is it indicative of my fertility now?

Dr. Christina Adberg
AMH is tricky: My friends in reproductive endocrinology are hailing this test as the best predictor of fertility available. They love it. However I have many examples in my practice of patients who have had low amh levels followed by a spontaneous pregnancy. Amh may be a good predictor of response rates for ivf, but never let one test get you down. It is not the whole picture.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Very low number: Amh is a predictor of the ovarian reserve or the number of eggs left. You should schedule a visit with a fertility specialist who offers ivf and egg freezing. They should be able to give you more specific chances of success. 0.16 is a very low number indicating low ovarian reserve.
Dr. Victor Beshay
Fertility Medicine 20 years experience
Low amh: AMH may be indicative of your current ovarian reserve. If AMH is truly that low, it may be better to attempt pregnancy rather than freeze eggs. Egg freezing is still an option though, but egg yield may be low giving an overall lower chance of success in the future.

Last updated Jun 19, 2017