i sprained my ankle 4 days ago and it just started bruising however my middle 3 toes are still tingling and numb. is that normal?

Dr. David Trettin
32 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Yes: Yes that is typical of an ankle sprain. Injuring the anterior talofibular ligament causes swelling into to the outside of your foot as gravity takes effect.The ecchymoses ( bruising) is also normal as the injured ligament does bleed a bit. Numbness in the toes is commonplace as the swelling is close to the digital nerves in your foot. This also will go away. Best of luck.
Answered on Feb 24, 2018
2