India

My son 2 months old, i am breast feeding him more than 8 times a day still he demands milk every 11/2 hr, i started to give formula 6oz a day is it ok?

Dr. Barry Bergman
Feeding infants: Particularly the first two months of life babies eat a lot because they need a lot of calories. The first two months they put on a lot of weight as much as 3-6 pounds. I recommend to feed no closer than every two hours but your are close and it is perfectly okay to supplement if you think your baby is hungry. This settles down over the following months and the feedings spread out to every 3-4 hour.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016