Norfolk, VA

I recently had a ct done & they found 3 nodules on my lungs. i've been clearing my throat for a year which i thought was a nervous tick. cancer?

Pathology 46 years experience
I bet not: These nodules aren't making you clear your throat, no matter what they are. Here in kansas city, a majority of us have at least one nodule from where we defeated the histoplasmosis fungus and walled it off. This is the most likely explanation, especially at your age. If you are healthy otherwise, and your physician is good with this, the nodules are best left alone.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Unlikely: Lung nodules are often benign and are commonly caused by granulomas(old healed infection scars). But your doctor should be able to explain it to you. Get a recheck with chest x-rays, if it doe snot show on chest x-ray, it is too small to worry about it.
Dr. John Munshower
Fleischner Society: Fleischner society guidelines for pulmonary nodules is used by the radiologist and the lung doctor to help guide how your nodules are treated and followed. Unfortunately nodules can be common, and are often benign, but some may be problematic. Depending on the size of your nodules, if you smoke, other symptoms etc., will decide how best to tx you. In the end, a biopsy is definitive if needed.
Last updated Feb 7, 2021