Saint Cloud, FL

will there be any side effects if i up celexa (citalopram) like my dr says i have been on 20mg for 2 years he wants me on 40mg but scared there will be side effect?

Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Unlikely.: There are no guarantees, but if you have been on Celexa (citalopram) for two years, it is unlikely you will have a side effect by increasing the dose. I suggest you share your concerns with your doctor.
Can not predict that: But, one thing that may help to reassure you -is that this a trial at a higher dose of medication. If you had significant side effects- you would let the psychiatrist/ medical provider know. Your input is used to help optomize your medication managment.