United Kingdom

will tb scars cause breathing problems? is oxygen therapy needed? in future when i conceive will it effect my lungs?

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
TB: You should discuss your status with your physicians who know you. Tb can cause breathing difficulties if it is extensive enough but often doesn't if it has been treated early. What your future is related to it can't be predicted from out here without much more data which your doctors likely have and can explain to you.
Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine 34 years experience
Lung scars: While lung scars do decrease the alveolar total space and cause fibrosis, their effect is still dependent on the lung function. If you have an adequate lung function as seen in pft and dlco, you should not have much problem.