U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and have had a hysterectomy. my problem now is the scar tissue. how can i get rid of it and not make more?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
An expert in dealing: With adhesions who does robotic surgery may be able to help as depending on how bad it is and where the adhesions are located they may be able to be lysed and then meds put in to try to prevent future scarring, it is often times not easy to do , so whomever does it should be a skilled robotic surgeon who does a lot of them.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
How do you get rid of scar tissue in your pelvis?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
Is it common to have problems with scar tissue after a vaginal hysterectomy?
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jan 27, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.