Germantown, MD

I lost soft contact lens in my eyes, fornix , they have folded and ruptured, and small particles of this lens were falling in my eye, im seeing floaters.

Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology 51 years experience
Not possible: The floaters are almost assuredly not pieces of your contact lens. The eyeball is surrounded by the white sclera, a very tough tissue so there is no way a contact lens under your eyelid could work it's way into your eye. There would have to be some type of major trauma that caused a laceration first. So, don't worry. You should see an eye doctor though to find out what is causing the floaters.
Dr. Richard Wieder
Ophthalmology 36 years experience
Floaters: There is no association between your contact lens tearing and the development of floaters. If your eye is still irritated from possible contact fragments on your eye surface then you should be evaluated by your eye doctor to have these fragments removed. In addition, your eye doctor will evaluate your floaters (which are inside your eye) to rule out any internal eye problems.
Last updated Apr 21, 2016