Salem, OH

how many calories should i eat everyday at the age eighteen, to lose the maximum of 20 pounds? i am a female.

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 44 years experience
See answer: In order to lose pounds, it's important to understand how many calories you'll need to burn. To burn extra calories you either eat less, exercise more, or do a combination of the two. You'll need to burn an extra 70, 000 calories to lose 20 pounds. A safe rate of weight loss is ½ -1 pound per week. You'll need to burn an extra 250 cal/day to lose ½ lb/wk and 500 cal/day to lose 1 lb/wk.