U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

Is there a surgery that its made so you can have your menstrual cycle?whats it call?procedures that are made? how do i know i need? unbalance hormone

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Swor
Obstetrics and Gynecology 42 years experience
Menstrual cycles: Many women experience abnormal periods. Usually medicine or hormone treatment can correct the problem. Sometimes there may be a surgical treatment that can be considered. It depends on the cause of the problem. See a gyn specialist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 28, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.