U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

I have eye problem - scratched cornea?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Christopher Hood
Ophthalmology 17 years experience
Corneal abrasion: A scratched cornea is called a corneal abrasion. Typically an object rubs off the surface layer of the cornea, causing immediate eye pain, redness, and blurred vision. Care should usually be sought from an ophthalmologist. Most abrasions heal quickly.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
What is wrong with my eye? I think I scratched the cornea.
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Is it recommended to wear an eye patch to protect my scratched cornea?
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
Will sleeping with makeup on my eyes cause a scratch on my cornea?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Feb 7, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.