A member asked:

Expert opinions? which branch of dentistry is concerned with the treatment of gum disease?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Robert Devin answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Gum disease: Yes , there is a specialty in dentistry to treat gum disease. Periodontics they focus on treating the loss of gums and bone around teeth. They also help you with a better life style to prevent future loss. They're great!

Answered 4/24/2015


Dr. Joel Doyon answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Periodontics: That would be periodontics and the dentist is formal called a periodontist.

Answered 2/12/2014



Two: General dentists and Periodontists. Often they may perform the exact same procedures for the treatment of Periodontal (gum and bone) disease. A "forward thinking" dentist may recommend non-surgical treatment (such as Perio Protect) first and possibly instead of Surgery.

Answered 8/3/2014



Related Questions

A member asked:

What is the best natural treatment for periodontal gum disease ?

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

A member asked:

Where can I get the best treatment for gum related diseases?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers