Can i get dental amalgam poisoning?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
No: There has been much written and debated regarding amalgam fillings, but no scientific evidence that they will harm you. Billions have been placed for over 150 years... Where are all the sick people?
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 35 years experience
Myth: Despite all the hype there is no scientific evidence that people can get any type of poisoning from amalgam fillings. The mercury in amalgam fillings is chemically bound up and unavailable to the cells of the body.
Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic 44 years experience
Problem for DDS : Mercury (silver) amalgam really poses an issue for the dental team, not the patient! dentists are exposed to it all day long! however, I have yet to see a modern study showing the effects of mixing amalgam or removal on a dentist. On the other-hand, maybe that is why I am going bald!