PA

Would 1 mg of ativan be about equal to 1 mg of klonopin (clonazepam)..keeping in mind the klonopin (clonazepam) is lowered by 600mg of tegretol by about 30%?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Longer duration: Klonopin (clonazepam) has a much longer effect than Ativan although i feel the tranquilizing effects are comparable. However different people react in differing ways to these 2 tranquilizers.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jane Steiner
I'm not sure...: ...What you mean because if you took the Ativan with tegretol, it would be affected similarly. My understanding is that Klonopin 1mg is equiv. In strength to 1mg of xanax (alprazolam), (alprazolam) and Ativan is half as strong as xanax (alprazolam). 0.5mg of xanax (alprazolam)=1mg of ativan 0.5mg of klonopin=1mg of ativan.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017