A member asked:

I have hypertrophic scar on tip of nose from cystic acne.i used kelo-cote, but it only raised my scar&skin around it.is there anything to flatten scar?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Anifat Balogun answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Please consult with a facial plastic surgeon to determine if the scar is hypertorphic versus a keloid. They are treated a bit differently. In addition, your skin color, the size and specific location of the scar on the nasal tip, and age of scar may influence your options for treatment. Options include light or laser therapy, injections, excision of scar.

Answered Oct 23, 2017



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

What is better for acne prone, white and black head, and scars?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor