A 33-year-old member asked:
Black toxic mold exposure, what to do?
1 doctor answer • 3 doctors weighed in
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Debunked?: I believe the concerns about toxic mold have been debunked. We do, however, see cases of severe asthma with fungal sensitivity and fungi can contribute to chronic rhinosinusitis in various ways. If you are not symptomatic, then clean the mold and forget it. If you are having some respiratory or nasal symptoms, you may consult an Allergist for evaluation and testing.
3.1k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Mar 10, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.