A 35-year-old member asked:
What can i do about toxic mold exposure (and possible candida overgrowth)?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Allergy and Immunology 59 years experience
Stop the water: The most important step is stopping the water intrusion and remove anything which has been infested with molds. The toxic term has been loosely used since toxicity usually occurs with industrial-size not home exposure. Even if it does, the effect would subside after stopping the exposure. Candida overgrowth is not from mold exposure Antifungal and detox Rx are not indicated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
3.2k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Feb 19, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.