Can you tell me about perlane (dermal fillers) injections?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Briney answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Perlane injections are very similar to juvederm or restylane (dermal fillers). They are injections used for several wrinkle corrections in the face and also can be used for lip enhancements. I prefer to use juvederm, but they all are basically the same chemical structure: hyalauronic acid. It is very safe if administered by a certified doctor. Make sure the office is on the website. Do not go to a dayspa!

Answered Jun 30, 2014

4.4k views

Dr. Henry Mentz answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Surgery

Perlane is a hyaluronic-based filler. It is similar to Juvederm and Restylane (dermal fillers) and is used to restore a youthful appearance to the skin by adding fullness to hollow areas and by filling in moderate to severe wrinkles. These fillers are commonly used to fill in lines around the mouth and those that extend from the nose to the mouth. Perlane results last up to 6 months.

Answered Jan 8, 2015

3.3k views