West Mifflin, PA

can econazole cream for jock itch be used in combination with over-the-counter lotrimen jock itch spray or benadryl (diphenhydramine) sprays to suppress itching?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Probably: Usually we don't want to use two different antifungal agents at the same time but there is probably no harm in doing so. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) spray is ok but there are other otc stuff such as tricalm, itch x that may be more effective. I would suggest that you space the application 30-minute or more apart and see your doctor if the problem persists.