Long Beach, NY

10mg paxil (paroxetine). pdoc wants me to switch to wellbutrin by starting at 75mg and taking 10mg paxil (paroxetine) for 5 days then stop paxil (paroxetine). need for paxil (paroxetine) ween?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
See a psychiatrist: I can only guess your medication is for depression. First of all I am clueless as to why your dose of Remeron is so low and every other night. Secondly i don't understand why you were coming off of just 10 mg of Paxil (paroxetine) which is rarely therapeutic. Thirdly, 75 mg of wellbutrin is too low as a starting dose. Find yourself a psychiatrist who will dose your meds properly with full remission from the depression as a goal. This will generally take 300 mg a day of wellbutrin.You can taper the Paxil (paroxetine) to 5 mg down from 10 and then stop it if you wish. That may help make any potential withdrawal more tolerable. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 1, 2016